Sunday, May 15, 2011

Whither LL at Paul's?

Well, sadly as is the way with all good things, it had to come to an end.

The game company that Paul, and all of the other players in the campaign, work for was moving to another city about an hour to the south of where we were, and I also had just changed locations for my job, which made the commute out too long and onerous for a weekly game. I was driving about a half hour as it was, but this would have put it into the hour/hour+ range which was just too much for three hours play.

That's just the way it goes when you're a grownup gamer. The groups are just a bit more ephemeral 'cos of jobs and moves and suchlike. Paul and his lovely wife Jenn are still in decent proximity such that I'll see 'em on special occasions, and we're all heading out to Gen Con for our seventh go at that particular institution as a group.

Anyway, that means also that posting on this blog's gonna become a bit more sporadic. Don't get me wrong, I ain't shutting down, its just that I've not got as much grist for the mill right now.

I just wanna say one more time a big thanks to Paul for running such a great game, and to all the 10d gamers (now no longer at 10d, which was a vague reference to Paul's old address which I shant make any less vauger) it was a blast playing with you guys, and I hope we get opportunities to do so again in the future.

Now onward, as the strains of Deacon Silver's silver stringed mandolin play into the sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment